Job Opportunity - Research Fellow
The International Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies (IAIS) Malaysia invites interested and qualified applicants for the post of Research Fellow at the Institute. As an independent, non-profit centre of excellence for research on Islam and civilizational renewal, Research Fellow plays an important role for the Institute by participating in its research agenda and planning. He / She will be actively involved in projects that promote high quality thought and discourse for the benefit of Muslim societies and governments.
- PhD and/or Master’s degree in Islamic studies / Education / Sociology / History / International Relations from a recognized university; candidates with at least 5 years’ experience of publication and editing are preferred.
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral. Strong knowledge of Arabic and Persian is desirable.
- Solid background in Islamic sciences and familiarity with its literature, concepts and terminologies.
- Proficiency in use of the Microsoft Office suite – Word, PowerPoint & Excel.
- Excellent time-management, integrity, and inter-personal communication.
- Monthly remuneration starts with RM6,500 for Master’s degree holder and RM7,000 for PhD depending on relevant experience and qualification.
- Job specification available upon request.
Candidates are encouraged to study the activities and objectives of the International Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies before applying.
posted date: 13 October 2020