Vision & Mission
- To become a centre of excellence and a think-tank in Islamic research of contemporary relevance
- To promote civilisational renewal (tajdid hadhari) through the principles of maqasid, tajdid, islah and ijtihad, and reconnect with the best examples of Islamic civilisation that were neglected over time.
- To conduct policy-relevant research in shariah law and governance, the halal industry, Islamic finance, zakat and waqf, Islam and science, environmental care, youth and women issues of concern to Malaysia and the wider Ummah.
- To engage in inter-faith and inter-civilisation studies and address issues of concern to the negative profiling of Islam in media.
- To engage with the general public through seminars, conferences, round table discussions, and maintain an active profile of high-calibre publications.